Pages

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Confessions from a Fat Girl

In my last confession, I blogged about traveling and my issues with airplanes. Today, I am going to talk about another form of transportation: cars.

One of the reasons why I started on this journey now just seems silly. For those who don't know me that well, I tend to rather worry quite a bit. I'm pretty predictable, my spontaneity is predictable, and I'm, for the most part, a law-abiding citizen. (Wow, I just made myself sound REALLY fun to y'all...lol.) Did I mention that I was stubborn too? I still can't believe how quickly Matt picked up on my stubbornness. I have rarely stepped out of my comfort zone, so this has been a hard path, but such a rewarding one at that.

After giving you a quick snippet of who I am, you will then understand why one of the reasons why I started to lose weight was because my car's seatbelt became snug around me during the winter when I wore my fleece coat. (I haven't always lived in Texas.) Being the law-abiding citizen that I am, I was worried that if I got too big, I'd be pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt. It has happened to other people, so it was a possibility. The situation at hand also reminded me of the time I went car shopping with my dad a few years earlier, and one of the car's seatbelt we test drove didn't fit me.

As I head to the gym at 5:15 in the morning, I now pull the seatbelt fully out to remind me why I'm doing this. This may be one of the reasons why I'm having such a hard time getting rid of my current car: almost all reminders of how big I was are gone. While it's not healthy to live in the past, I do need to remember where I once was to see all the current benefits.

1 comment:

Urs said...

oh Michelle...its always so humbling to read your confessions...goodness, how honest you are. Thank you for your transparency - it says a lot about your heart and your seriousness in fighting this battle. :) It also allows me to enter a new world of insights...things that you encounter that I would have never thought of....so it really helps me to understand people who go through similar things as you...and it gives me a better perspective of what they might be going through....plus, it also allows me to enter your world :) so i feel a part of your life in an indirect way...hehe :)

In my opinion, I don't think that that reason is a silly reason for wanting to lose weight....makes complete sense...and i think its kind of cool actually.

Us Liao's are still praying for you!!!