Pages

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Resurrecting My Blog

So it literally has been forever since I have posted anything on this blog. A lot has happened in a couple of years...

For starters, I no longer live in Michigan. I have moved my way south to the great state of Texas. It has been an absolutely HUGE transistion. My new work environment has not been as supportive in my weight loss efforts. I'm not really talking about my co-workers, but rather the actual physical environment. For instance, the onsite gym doesn't have any showers, so why would I really want to use it if I have meetings in the afternoon? The gym that I belong to is a few miles from work and takes about 15 minutes to get to, so it's impractical to do lunch workouts like I did in Michigan. AND, my car does not have A/C, so it is brutal to do a lot of driving in the hot Texas summers.

BUT...there are things I have been doing. One month after I moved, I got a trainer. I was meeting with my trainer once a week, bumped it up to 6 times a month, and now twice a week. My weight has not changed all that much, but I have lost a lot of inches. In one year, I have lost 25% of my body fat. During all of this, I have had some interesting stories, so I will share these along the way.

Well...that is it for now. I will provide a more detailed assessment of my weight loss in the very near future.

No comments: