Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Life Happens And We Have To Deal

It's the second day that I have not been to the gym in a row. Yesterday I didn't go because of sore (possibly "torn") quad muscles, and today...well...there really isn't a good excuse for today. Could I make one up? Like being sick? OR...better yet...one of the guys that I'm getting to know? C'mon...I need to convince myself that ONE of these excuses works because we all know I'm not to blame, correct? I'm only trying to fool myself, and I think all of us do at some point or another:

I'm not that fat...
I'm big boned...
I don't need to exercise/move every day...
This one muffin isn't going to hurt (maybe the one won't, but the fifth will)...
One glass of wine won't hurt...

All these negatives and/or lies...self-defeating as somebody put it. I need to get back onto plan and do it now. Tomorrow's a new day.

5 comments:

Hanlie said...

We all go through that! And it takes guts to quieten that little voice and start telling the truth. Which is why I'm doing the list with my reasons, which I plan to have laminated and carry with me at all times!

On the other hand, if your muscle is better, you should go. It it's still sore, you should rest it.

Deep breath, Michelle, don't panic. Just continue on your journey today. You don't have to go back to the start. You can just take the next step. Keep walking!

Lidian said...

I know all about those muffins...they yell out to me in the store. I had a hard week too, but next week is ahead and it'll be better -

Heather said...

thats right....tomorrow is a new day and a new chance to do the things that you know you should do. its not the end of the world that you missed exercising for 2 days as long as you jump back into it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

keep fighting sister!! :)

Diana Swallow said...

I've found that I have to make right choices 90 to 95% of the time in order to make this work for me. Giving it your all for a few days a week and expecting fab results didn't work out so good for me.

Just get back to it, slowly work your way back to using muscle and do other things that you can along the way.

You are a strong woman, don't ever give up, you are worthy and worth it!