Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fat Goggles

Just like people wear beer goggles when they drink, I have fat goggles when I look at myself. For those who don't know what I mean by "beer goggles," here's a quick summary of what it is: When people drink, they lower their standards in hopes to get a hook up with somebody of the opposite sex. The more they drink and the later it gets, the ugly girls/guys begin to look "pretty." To put it simple, drinking warps your vision and judgement.

When it comes to looking at myself in a mirror, if I'm fully clothed, I don't always see myself as fat. It was only through a picture over the holidays a few years ago that I realized how fat I was. I was sitting next to my dad, with my cousins and aunt to the left of me. I couldn't believe how big I was!!! This is why I'm so focused on taking pictures during my weight loss because I can see the differences, as slow as they are. To this day, when I look in a mirror, I don't always see myself as obese. I can only attribute this to Fat Goggles. (If I find that photo, I'll scan it in to post.)

I do feel vain, though. I look at myself in the mirror all time. Sometimes I don't recognize myself. Sometimes I'm disgusted with myself. But lately, I have been pretty hopeful, even though the weight is coming off unevenly.

No comments: