Pages

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Sunday Football! The NFL Draft...

I am a HUGE football fan, and even though I live in Texas, I mainly follow the NFL rather than college (but I do cheer for my Spartans and Longhorns!).  Since I grew up in New England, I am a die-hard Patriots fan.  I also cheer for the Giants because I had the opportunity to be on the field with them one summer while they practiced at the school I went to, but I follow, live, and breathe the Patriots, so of course I was watching the draft closely, praying that they select a quarterback that could be molded for when Tom Brady retires.  Let's face facts, Brady's getting older and he's been suffering from more injuries.  He still impresses me, though.  Ryan Mallett is a great choice for the Patriots, and I hope Brady molds Mallett sort of like how Bledsoe mentored Brady.  Although in this case, Brady's not going anywhere unlike Bledsoe at the time.  Other areas of need were definitely offensive linemen and running backs, in which we scored two of each.  Here's to hoping each follows through on all the hype!

(Is it weird that I'm such a Tom Brady fan, but I cheer for the Spartans?  And don't get me started on when the Patriots played the Giants in the SuperBowl!)

No comments: