Pages

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Recipe: Balsamic Chicken Pasta

I'm not sure where I first got this recipe, but I've made it my own over the years and get rave reviews whenever I make it.  I love having this recipe during the summer with vegetables from the garden.

Ingredients
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Chicken
- Fresh vegetables (typically I use garlic, broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, and green onions)
- Basil and/or oregano
- Pasta (I recommend Great Value Whole Wheat Pasta because it only has one ingredient - durum whole wheat flour.  I find mine at Walmart.)
- Feta cheese
- Fresh tomatoes (cherry tomatoes cut in half work great!)

Steps
1.  Cook chicken and garlic in a little bit of olive oil on stove.
2.  At the same time that the chicken is cooking, cut fresh vegetables (broccoli, yellow squash, and zucchini), and add to cooked chicken and garlic (or if you choose to remove the chicken, just add to pan).  Also, have the pasta cooking at the same time.
3.  When vegetables, chicken, and pasta are cooked, combine and toss in balsamic vinegar (if you choose to, you can add a little more olive oil at this time).  Add basil/oregano, green onions, fresh chopped tomatoes, and a bit of feta cheese.
4.  Eat cold or warm.  Typically I eat it warm on the first day and cold on the others.

No comments: