Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Time...

I wish I had more time.  I swear leap year should be a holiday; a holiday to just catch up on unfinished business.  I cannot wait until the summer; maybe I'll relax by then.  I just wish I had more time to cook, clean, and garden.  I miss my garden.

Work:  34 hours per week
School:  10 hours of doctoral classes per week
Homework:  40 hours per week (technically)
Commute Time:  5-7.5 hours per week (depends on traffic)
Total:  89-91.5 hours per week

We have 168 hours per week, and I spend 89 hours between work and school; that leaves 79 hours for sleeping, eating, showering, working out, church, and anything fun.  So if I get six hours of sleep per night, that leaves 19 hours for the remainder of items.  No wonder why I'm stressed out.  No wonder why friends have dropped me.  I do have to say, though, I know who my friends are during this stressful time.  I know who I can rely on for this really crazy year in which I decided to do 10 credit hours each semester so I'm not in school forever and my life can start moving forward.  Five more weeks...just five more weeks and all I have to do is pass.  Okay, maybe I should say six more weeks if you include my qualifying exam.  I'm so glad I'm starting yoga next week; I hear it does wonders in reducing stress.

No comments: