6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4.5 cupes cooked egg noodles (I used whole wheat)
1. Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches.
2. Transfer to a 4-5 quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
3. Saute the mushrooms, onion, celery, and green pepper in drippings until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, 1/4 cup water, basil, and remaining salt; poor over chops.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm.
5. Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary; transfer juices to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
6. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
7. Serve gravy with meat and cooked noodles.
Serving: 1 pork chop with 3/4 cup noodles and 1/2 cup sauce
Total Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
Sodium: 458 mg
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 35 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1.5 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.