Pages

Friday, March 07, 2008

Another Year Older, Another Year Wiser?

Happy Birthday to me! Today marks my 28th birthday on this planet. I cannot believe how much I have learned about myself this year, through my own endeavors and through people I have met.

There's more to life than the few things that can frazzle my everyday life.

I am passionate about what life has to offer. I try to give my time and resources unconditionally to those I love, like, and don't know.

I am a do-er, not a talker.

I'm sarcastic, giggle a lot, and wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm okay with this. It's better to understand yourself than try to change yourself sometimes.

I am independent, open, and honest. Possibly unforgettable too.

I don't judge, and everybody gets two shots with me, even if they judge me.

I don't really care what you or anybody else thinks about me. I like me, and that's all that matters.

I like watching people and how they interact with the world. It reminds me that the world does not revolve around me. (I should do this more often.)

I'm a writer and need to continue in that freedom of expression.

I'm an artist-wannabe. I love doing it; I'm just not perfect at it. (And please, get your mind out of the gutter!)

I love to travel, see new places and meet new people.

I'm a sports nut and love watching most of them. I try to play sports, but lack the skills necessary to go professional. I cheer for the Patriots, Knicks, Red Sox, Red Wings, and Longhorns.

Although on occasion, I screw up, I am health conscious. I love pushing my body to limits I never knew I could.

My body can do things my mind says I cannot.

I'm okay with the idea of settling in Austin. Last night when it reached 37 degrees, I could not fathom moving back to anywhere up north.

I enjoy quiet times of reflections and slowing down at work. I even took today off to enjoy it.

6 comments:

Hanlie said...

Happy birthday to you!! I love birthdays!

Glad you're back on track too!

Heather said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Diana Swallow said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope your day is as wonderful as you are!

Today is my sister Sheryl's bday too!

Felicia said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!!

Hope you have a SUPER wonderful week!
*huggles*
=0)

john - from fat to fit said...

Belated happy birthday!

Erin said...

Happy Belated Birthday! you'll have to excuse me I just stumbled across your blog from HYC.