Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin

17 days and counting. I cannot believe that I will be back in Africa in 17 days. I have soooooo much to do still. Or at least it feels that way. I'm glad I got a head start on things earlier in the semester, otherwise I think I'd be in panic mode. I knew things on the other side of the were going to be easier, I just didn't realize how "stressless" I would be. The hectic semester is over. Qualifying exam done. Boyfriend getting settled in Italy. Africa is the place for me to de-stress and really remember what life is about:  serving. Serving God through serving others. It is the one thing that I've been missing this past year as I trudged through school. Life is good. I really shouldn't complain. If you truly follow God, you should not feel empty in any part of your life. Trust me, I know this is easier said than done. I still struggle in areas too.

To update those who may be interested. Support for my trip this year has trickled in; God will provide somehow. Out of the $1250 that was due last week, $250 came from raised support. I suppose I may not convey my heart when I speak of Uganda and the people, especially the children. Perhaps this is a test of faith, or maybe of sacrifice. I know it will all be clear when I get on that plane as to why I have been called to go back. Stay tuned to this great adventure.

No comments: