Pages

Sunday, July 06, 2014

First Sunday - Crazy, Hairy, Bold Prayer (Weight Loss)

The lead pastor of my church, Will Davis Jr (http://www.willdavisjr.com), is inspiring. His fearlessness is something I wish I could obtain overnight, but it takes time, dedication, obedience, and faithfulness. Will is the only man that I know who has gone public with his prayer to end the drought and fill the lakes. By public, I mean, he has done this in front of City Council and the whole city. I wish I had that confidence, but I'd be afraid that God would let me down and make a mockery of me and the religion I have chosen.

So...I'm walking out in faith. For the remainder of the year, each month, I'm going to outline one crazy, hairy, bold prayer that I'll be praying for. Sometimes I'll give it a timeline, other times, I'll let it work itself out. 

4 Take delight in The Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to The Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: 6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. (Psalm 37:4-6)

24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. (John 16:24)

Therefore, the following is my prayer - 
To further your Kindom, Lord, I ask you to walk by my side in my weight loss journey. Without my health, I cannot do the work you have tasked me to do. Please give me the strength to say "yes" to life and "no" to the sins I struggle with. My faith is strong and you know the intimate details of this request.  As a first step in our journey, it is my desire to wear the dress pictured below on my birthday (March). I give you all the glory. In your name, Amen.





No comments: