Pages

Monday, May 05, 2014

Forgiveness

It's always super fun when things interrelate without anything being planned; God's amazing that way.  Last Monday, I was discussing at our bible study that I need to learn how to forgive.  For five years, all I wanted to hear from somebody was that they had wronged me, and when I finally heard it a few months ago, I still did not feel release from the chains that held me.  So this past week was focused on bible verses about forgiveness, and as usual, one stuck out to me.

Matthew 9:  4-8 (NIV)
4 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?  5 Which is easier:  to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?  6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins."  So he said to the paralyzed man, "Get up, take your mat and go home."  7 Then the man got up and went home.  8 When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to man.


This weekend's sermon was on authority, and how through Jesus Christ, we have the authority to do good works (John 14).  It is my duty to forgive the people who have scarred me in the past.  Going into next weekend, it's all about breaking these past chains and bondages as I move forward in my walk.

No comments: