Pages

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Exercise Talk: Training For My 10K

Week 4 Goals (Minimum):
Monday: stretch and 90 min cross training
Tuesday: strength, 60 min cross training, 1.5 mi run
Wednesday: 90 min cross training
Thursday: strength and 60 min cross training
Friday: 1.5 mile run and 60 min cross training
Saturday: 60 minute cross training
Sunday: 2.5 mile run

Week 4 Accomplishments:
Monday: 90 min cross training (elliptical)
Tuesday: strength
Wednesday: 1.5 mi run (19:30 min); 32 min elliptical; 10 min track walk; 20 min outdoor walk
Thursday: strength
Friday: 60 min cross training (elliptical); 1.5 mi run (19:10 min); 20 min walk
Saturday: 1.5 hour hike
Sunday: 2.5 mile run (outdoors)

How am I feeling going into Week 5? One word: FANTASTIC! My knees hurt a little bit, and I'm not sure how the new shoes are working out. I'm not sure if I'm getting shin splints because of the new shoes or if because I'm running the longer distances in my old worn out shoes. We'll see how all that works out, but I'm kind of pumped for this coming week! Especially since I'll be at 5K mileage this weekend!

Week 5 Goals (Minimum):
Monday: stretch and 90 min cross training
Tuesday: strength
Wednesday: 45 min cross training; 2 mile run
Thursday: strength and 60 min cross training
Friday: 2 mile run and 60 min cross training
Saturday: 90 minute cross training
Sunday: 3.0 mile run

2 comments:

Hanlie said...

Good luck! I have a new appreciation for this, as (and you're the first person I'm telling) I'm going to start training for a sprint-triathlon! You're doing great...

Heather said...

glad you are feeling great! and good luck!