Pages

Sunday, February 08, 2009

1 Corinthians 13:13

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

*Life Application Note: In morally corrupt Corinth, love had become a mixed-up term with little meaning. Today people are still confused about love. Love is the greatest of all human qualities, and it is an attribute of God himself (1 John 4:8). Love involves unselfish service to others; to show it gives evidence that you care. Faith is the foundation and content of God's message; hope is the attitude and focus; love is the action. When faith and hope are in line, you are free to love completely because you understand how God loves.*

Without faith, I don't have hope. Without faith and hope, I cannot love. I cannot love myself or others. That's the thing I struggle with most - loving myself and forgiving myself.

1 comment:

jh said...

This really made me cry. I think you have hit on something that is true for so many of us. Having faith in ourselves and not beating ourselves up is very hard to do. Thanks for reminding me of how necessary it is to treat ourselves well.

jen
Boda weight loss blog