Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

The Nike+ Human Race

I had been meaning to blog about the Nike+ Human Race for quite some time now, but my traveling schedule was overwhelming, between being in Tucson for about week, in Austin a week, in Atlanta for a week, in Austin two weeks, and finally in Hawaii for two weeks. I'm catching up now on it!


This race absolutely AMAZING! It was incredible seeing everybody wearing the same color running around corners and up and down hills. The concert afterwards wasn't too shabby either. Our start time in Austin was 6:30 pm the day before Labor Day. Since I knew this, I started training outdoors whenever I could because I knew the heat would play a huge factor for me. In my outdoor training jogs/walks, I was doing a 16.6 minute mile after work in 95+ degree heat. Usually with a morning start time, my goal has always been a 15 minute mile, but with the heat, I changed it to a 16 minute mile. My average race day? 15.9 minute mile! Here were my times:

First 2.5K: 9 minutes, 30 seconds / km
Second 2.5K: 10 minutes, 20 seconds / km
Third 2.5K: 10 minutes, 02 seconds / km
Fourth 2.5K: 9 minutes, 45 seconds / km

It was my first chipped time event, so no guessing this time! A few other interesting facts about my race:

1. I came in 215,394th worldwide.
2. I came in 9,790th in Austin.
3. I came in 73,957th among women runners worldwide.
4. I came in 4,867th among women runners in Austin.

So who's up for it next year? :)

No comments: